Re: Maintainers/Packages List, 2003-11-01

On 2003-11-22T14:12+0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
) On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 04:00:00PM -0000, Daniel Reed wrote:
) > This is the list of maintainers and packages as of Saturday, November  1, 2003.
) Hi Daniel, can we get an update of this list?  This would be cool.

Sure, let me do a quick sanity check and I will send it out.

I disabled the list-by-maintainer because I am in the midst of rewriting the
XSL that generates it. The lists are based more on the live collection of
setup.hint's than on my records now, so packages that do not exist should
not have ghost entries, and packages updated by other committers (that
aren't in my records) won't be missed (they will just be "ORPHAN").

) We have a bunch of replies and I would love to see the replies
) integratred in this list somehow.  Some packages are stale because
) the upstream packages are stale, too, but I'd like to see the
) really stale stuff so that we are able to figure out the packages
) with inactive maintainers.  I think we should not keep unmaintained
) packages in the distro.

Sounds good. In addition, if there are any other checks you can think of,
let me know.

I am working with a friend of mine to produce some graphical representations
of all the packaging data, so obvious problems can be seen more easily. For
now, I have the list-by-app set to show up at the bottom of
http://cygwin.com/package-maint/, but it will not be cronned to auto-update
until I finish the second XSL.

--
Daniel Reed <n@ml.org>	http://naim-users.org/nmlorg/	http://naim.n.ml.org/
I'd say some people have no lives, but I'm the one who's going to