This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: minires-0.95 - a new package ready for review
- From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:18:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: minires-0.95 - a new package ready for review
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.CYG.4.55.0307151958030.2596@ellixia> <Pine.GSO.email@example.com> <3EEA0FC4.D2AC34BD@ieee.org> <20030613192722.GW30116@cygbert.vinschen.de> <3F144BC9.76418A30@ieee.org> <Pine.CYG.4.55.0307151958030.2596@ellixia> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 09:43:45PM -0500, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> At 04:35 PM 11/18/2003 +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > Unfortunately, with the given GPL license it wouldn't
> >be possible to be put into newlib nor into Cygwin directly. Did we
> >straighten that out already? I don't remember...
> The GPL licence was never discussed. I don't know what newlib wants.
I don't quite understand how the licensing in newlib works, actually.
It seems ok for newlib to mix various open licenses, like LGPL, BSD
and such. We should ask on the newlib list since GPL could really be
> No news from Elfyn, so I have packaged it.
> minires-0.97-1 contains only the dll, the LICENCE and the README
> minires-devel-0.97-1 contains the .h and .a, as well as a postinstall to
> link libresolv.a (if it doesn't exist) to libminires.dll.a, but no
> LICENCE nor README (they would be identical to the previous ones).
> The two source packages are identical. Do we need two ?
No, we can silently drop minires-devel-0.97-src.tar.bz2.
> setup.hint should be used for both minires-0.97-1 and minires-devel-0.97-1
> I put it in the Libs category. Anything else, e.g. System?
Libs is fine.
> Review? Vote?
Review: The only problem I found was the naming of the source package.
It's missing the -1 and the source directory within is missing the -1,
Vote: +3 from me.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.