This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: minires-0.95 - a new package ready for review
- From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Cc: "Pierre A. Humblet" <Pierre dot Humblet at ieee dot org>
- Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:35:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: minires-0.95 - a new package ready for review
- References: <Pine.CYG.4.55.0307151958030.2596@ellixia> <Pine.GSO.email@example.com> <3EEA0FC4.D2AC34BD@ieee.org> <20030613192722.GW30116@cygbert.vinschen.de> <3F144BC9.76418A30@ieee.org> <Pine.CYG.4.55.0307151958030.2596@ellixia> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 05:39:04PM -0400, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> At 10:12 PM 10/11/2003 +0200, you wrote:
> >Hi Pierre,
> >On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 07:59:03PM +0100, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
> >> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> >> > Can someone take over and do whatever is necessary to
> >> > put it in newlib, as discussed last month? I am not sure
> >> > what this really involves.
> >> > Elfyn has already proposed to help, :)
> >> > <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-06/msg00103.html>
> >> > but he must be quite busy with the cygwin 1.5 activities.
> >> Already done. I'll sync-up with the new version. There's a thread on the
> >> mailing list and I will reply there, when done.
> >> Elfyn
> >since Elfyn has left us, would you mind to refresh the ITP for minres
> >for inclusion in the Cygwin distro? IMHO, having it in the distro at
> >all is more important than having it integrated into newlib. This
> >can still be done at a later, convenient time.
> I have contacted Elfyn privately about that after his good-bye e-mail
> and he answered that integrating minires in newlib was one of the
> projects he would complete. So I am cc'ing him.
Do we have any progress here? I'd love to get a minires package into
Cygwin ASAP, regardless if as part of newlib or as standalone library.
For the sake of getting it in quickly, I'd prefer to get it as it's own
package for now. Unfortunately, with the given GPL license it wouldn't
be possible to be put into newlib nor into Cygwin directly. Did we
straighten that out already? I don't remember...
The reason for the hurry is, OpenSSH will probably require the resolver
functionality in the next version. If they don't revert these changes,
we're stuck with 3.7.1p2 for a while :-(((
I built my own version of minires-0.97 and installed it. Except for
the need to add "-lresolv", ssh could be built fine with it.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.