This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [RFC] Globally creating a user and a group "root"
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:52:48 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Globally creating a user and a group "root"
- References: <20031111124648.GR18706@cygbert.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 01:46:48PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>My idea is basically the following:
>- On all NT systems, create a user account called "root" which is
> member of the administrators group.
>Comments? If we agree to do as above (or similar), I would gladly
>appreciate, if I wouldn't have to do it alone.
I have always thought that it would be a good idea to implement a 'root'
user since so many UNIX programs rely on its availability. Anything you
can do to make this so will be worthwhile, even if it isn't a perfect