Re: New package: fltk

a.rburgers@quicknet.nl wrote:

Hello,

I'd like to propose a new package, fltk-1.1.4.
The fltk homepage is at http://www.fltk.org/

These are the URL's of binary and source tarballs:

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/ar.burgers/fltk-1.1.4-1.tar.bz2
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/ar.burgers/fltk-1.1.4-1-src.tar.bz2

Fltk built out of the box on cygwin, but is not completely autotooled.
In order to package it a slightly modified generic-build-script.sh has
been used.

This is the setup.hint from the package:

category: Devel
requires: cygwin zlib libjpeg62 libpng10
sdesc:    "Cross platform C++ GUI toolkit"
ldesc:    "FLTK is a cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit for UNIXR/LinuxR
(X11),
MicrosoftR WindowsR, and MacOSR X. FLTK provides modern GUI
functionality and
supports 3D graphics via OpenGLR and its built-in GLUT emulation. FLTK
also
includes an excellent UI builder called FLUID that can be used to create
applications in minutes."

IIRC, OOTB fltk is heavily dependant on mingw/w32api stuff, doesn't target Cygwin/XFree86, and will build only static archives. Therefore, it really doesn't belong in the /usr tree. I don't know if anyone is planning to port fltk to Cygwin/XFree86, but as a means of preventing future conflicts, I'd recommend following a layout something along the lines of http://www.cygwin.com/packages/xpm-nox/xpm-nox-4.2.0-4. Perhaps tacking a "w32" or "nox" suffix to the executables might be advisable as well.

Cheers,
Nicholas

P.S. - It is possible, albiet a major PITA, to build a static version against XFree86, but the shared version will not be possible until that nasty shared libXt problem is resolved.