This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Who is Cygwin's readline maintainer?
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Ronald Landheer-Cieslak <blytkerchan=Rn4VEauK+AKRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f at public dot gmane dot org>
- Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 11:59:27 -0400
- Subject: Re: Who is Cygwin's readline maintainer?
- References: <20031001093721.GH7711@linux_rln.harvest>
Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
There is a test version (5.0-alpha) of readline on which the test version
(3.0-alpha) os Bash depends. As I'm having a wee bit of trouble with readline
(building it, for the moment) I'd like to coordinate my efforts with Cygwin's
readline maintainer but I don't know who he/she is..
That's me. However, AFAIK at present bash is built using its included
copy of the readline sources and does not use libreadline. That may be
changing as of 5.0/3.0 but it is news to me.
readline is...not fun...to compile as a shared library; my patch is
quite large, and includes re-auto-tool-ing. I'm gradually pushing parts
of it upstream, but...
If you'd like to adapt my current -src package/patchset to the alpha
release, I'd welcome your assistance.