This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
please use consistent announce messages
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 10:04:40 -0400
- Subject: please use consistent announce messages
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
If you are releasing a package, please use an announce message that is
consistent with other announce messages.
If you're updating, the subject should be:
If you are offering a new package, the subject should be:
New package: bar-1.3.1-1
I don't really care about the case of the message but the case should
reflect the case of the package and, my personal preference is to
uppercase the first word of the "New" or "Updated".
Note that the package version should be included, i.e.,
New package: bob
is not right.
Would anyone be interested in updating the web page with these