This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: HEADSUP: test packages
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 19:53:46 +0200
- Subject: Re: HEADSUP: test packages
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <20030920150206.GU9981@cygbert.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit @ cygwin-apps" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
Am Samstag, 20. September 2003 um 17:02 schriebst du:
> a short `find' shows, that the following packages have "test" releases:
> - gcc test: 3.3.1-1
> - gzip test: 1.3.5-1
> - perl test: 5.8.1-1
perl-5.8.1 isn't really released yet, a relase candidate will be
available shortly, I'll update the package to 5.8.1-2 as soon as the
RC is available (still will be a test release then). perl-5.8.0-5 is
the current (and stable) release and will remain until the real 5.8.1
is finished and widely tested.
BTW, I have the db-4.1.25 finished, compiled with the test released
gcc-3.3.1, should it also be marked as test then?
> - aspell-dev test: 0.50.3-1
> - gnupg test: 1.2.2-2
> - gcc-mingw test: 20030911-2
> - mc test: 4.6.0a-20030721-1
> - cmake test: 1.6.7-2
> - xerces-c test: 2.3.0-3
> - nasm test: 0.98.37-2
> - lftp test: 2.6.6-1
> I'd like to see a feedback from the package maintainers, whether the
> test marker is appropriate or it's just a 1.5.x built package which
> is accidentally still marked test.