This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[UPDATED] perl-5.8.0 once again updated, please upload
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 17:14:05 +0200
- Subject: [UPDATED] perl-5.8.0 once again updated, please upload
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
I'm sorry for all the inconvenience with perl the last days. As I was
in a hurry yesterday evening I didn't tested what I uploaded.
Unfortunately I missed to apply a part of the patch which reintroduced
another PERLIO problem which was already fixed in the -3 release. So I
have again a new perl release now, this time with both fixes, the basic
PERLIO CR/LF fix and the binmode() fix from Don Slutz. This fix is also
included in the main perl tree now as well as in the upcoming 5.8.1
release, so I never need to remember to apply it in the future.
The previous release (5.8.0-4) lacks the important patch and should be
deleted as fast as possible.
The old tarballs in perl_manpages/ could be removed, too.
setup.hint stays as it was besides the `current: 5.8.0-4` needs to be
changed to `current: 5.8.0-5`.