This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Package Update] zsh-4.0.7-1 and test zsh-4.1.1-1
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: "Peter A. Castro" <doctor at fruitbat dot org>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:00:53 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [Package Update] zsh-4.0.7-1 and test zsh-4.1.1-1
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Peter A. Castro wrote:
> One question I have concerning building under 1.5: is it's possible to
> have two separate Cygwin environments on the same machine? Installing
> into two different directories is doable, but the current way of storing
> mount information in the registry doesn't really allow for this. So, how
> does one have both a usable stable and test environment? I'm guessing it
> can't really be done (at least not easily).
Well, you could use user mounts and have 2 users, one running 1.3 and
another 1.5... You'd most likely have to re-login to switch, though...
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton