This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
less and more's setup.hint (was Re: man and cybpcre-0.dll)
- From: Elfyn McBratney <elfyn at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 17:56:58 +0100
- Subject: less and more's setup.hint (was Re: man and cybpcre-0.dll)
- References: <3F3D54E8.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
Lapo Luchini <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> $ man man
> Error executing formatting or display command.
> System command (cd /usr/man && (echo ".pl 1100i"; /bin/cat
> '/usr/man/man1/man.1'; echo; echo ".pl \n(nlu+10") | /usr/bin/tbl |
> /usr/bin/nroff -c -mandoc | /usr/bin/less -isrR) exited with status 32768.
> No manual entry for man
> (Popup saying cygpcre-0.dll missing)
> This after just having upgraded all packages to "testing" version.
> Unfortunately I already installed cygpcre0 package (4.3-4 as far as I
> remember) and can reproduce it no more. I guess one of those programs
> miss a "Require: cygpcre0") and anyway maybe it's normal, being a
> problem only of the testing verison.
The setup.hint files for less and more need to require libpcre0.