This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Bug in lynx setup.hint? (was: Re: cygcrypto-0.9.7.dll)
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: "Arno Schuh" <arno dot schuh at in-trier dot de>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 00:15:34 +0200
- Subject: Bug in lynx setup.hint? (was: Re: cygcrypto-0.9.7.dll)
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <Pine.GSO.email@example.com><001701c36039$65cde2e0$0100a8c0@tomcat>
> Why didn't lynx-cygwin comes with all needed files?
> Isn't it possible to install a "complete package" at once?
> If really this cygcrypto-0.9.7.dll is needed to run lynx-cygwin, imho. it
> would be much more easier to download this single file than run setup and
> install a complete additional package.
cygcrypto probably needs other files as well. As far as I know, it
should be selected automatically by setup.exe in the moment you choose
The package you're missing is openssl.
However, I think you have triggered a bug, here the setup.hint from
lynx, there are obviously the correct dependencies, but AFAICT some
colons are missing:
requires cygwin terminfo libintl2 libiconv2 libncurses7 openssl
sdesc "Text-mode WWW Browser"
ldesc "Lynx is a terminal based WWW browser. While it does not make any attempt
at displaying graphics, it has good support for HTML text formatting,
forms, and tables. This version includes support for SSL encryption."