This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [curr:] guile-1.6.4-1
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 23:29:09 -0400
- Subject: Re: [curr:] guile-1.6.4-1
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Guile 1.6.4 is available for upload.
> Btw, I would have a 1.5.0 version for test: available. However, as
> lilypond [is the only package that] depends on guile, I think it makes
> sense to upload 1.5.0 versions of both packages together. But
> lilypond also depends on tetex, and tetex is still waiting for tiff
> and XFree.
I'm moving as fast as I can, here...but a warning about tiff.
tiff depends on jpeg. And because jpeg had an ABI change (and DLL name
change), that means that tiff must do so as well. [think about it,
you'll see why]
So, my next step is to release an official, split, upgrade for tiff that
is 1.3.22 compatible. Then, I will release a test version of tiff for
1.5.0. Give me a couple of hours.