This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: grepmail-4.91 - a new package for review
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: letters at hotpop dot com (Jari Aalto+mail.perl)
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 07:52:26 +0200
- Subject: Re: grepmail-4.91 - a new package for review
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> -rw-r--r-- root/None 212 2003-06-18 01:00:38 etc/postinstall/grepmail.sh
> -rw-r--r-- root/None 265 2003-06-18 01:00:36 usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/cygwin-multi-64int/perllocal.pod.postinstall_append
Can you explain the technique you used to manage the postinstall task,
because we need some way to do this in future for separate perl
modules and programs. E.g. what happens if the next module comes and
uses the same perllocal.pod.postinstall_append file? Shouldn't it be
entirely included in the postinstall script?
How to get this working without creating the
perllocal.pod.postinstall_append file manually?
What I'm really looking for is something like ActiveStates PPM, maybe
we should port this at first and then use the PPM way (with .ppd
files), so everyone could easily offer Perl packages at his own