This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: unison 2.9.45 - new package for review
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>,"Jari Aalto+list.cygwin-apps" <letters at hotpop dot com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 21:39:37 +0100
- Subject: Re: unison 2.9.45 - new package for review
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jari Aalto+list.cygwin-apps wrote:
> Unison is ready for review. It's GPL. Homepage at
> <http://freshmeat.net/projects/unison> The "make install" script makes
> a backup of last unison version, that's why there are two .exe files
> in the listing.
This is stupid. There is no reason at all to install 2 copies of the same
It is unnecessary bloat.
Also, I strongly question the wisdom of packaging an unreleased version of
Unison, *especially* since Unison requires exact version equality on the 2
sides of a link.
The 2.9.45 source isn't even available from the unison site any more, as the
latest snapshot has changed.
> The source cannot be compiled wthout OCaml compiler, see
> + setup.hint
> @ unison
> sdesc: "Two way file synchronizing tool. Like rsync(1)"
I think the rsync(1) man-section notation is probably unneccessary clutter
in this scenario.