This is the mail archive of the mailing list for the Cygwin project.

Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

How dumb can I get? (libxml2..the beast)

I've been away for a while; my computer mashed out and at the worst moment possible our mail server broke down...Brrrr

Anyway back on topic, I didn't back-up my build tree's, only my CVS repo's (which contain most of my changes to the stock libxml2(-2.5.6)) so I had to start again on my porting efforts. Before I had been able to port 2.5.6 (and should probably move on to the latest version anyway) and get a DLL out of it. Now I don't; I must have missed something.

I'm still learning GNU Autotools, which is probably the problem, but I did split up Robert's patches when I started (patchutils) and I've just gone over them to make sure I have those changes in, and some. Could some Autotools Guru (Chuck? ;-) help a little here?

I'm using the -devel autoconf, automake and libtool (2.57, 1.7.3 and 1.5, respectively) with `/usr/autotool/devel/bin' prepended to my PATH environment variable and M4PATH env.... set to `/usr/autotool/devel/share/autoconf' building and targetting i686-pc-cygwin . It all builds OK, static libs 'n' all but no bloody shared lib. I've attached `cygcheck -svr' output just in case I've missed anything, too.


PS- When I successfully built libxml2-2.5.6 I was running in a Windows 2000 VM, now in XP Home. I doubt this is a factor but I'll reload it from a backup and check...

Hotmail messages direct to your mobile phone

Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]