This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: astksh review
- From: Joe Buehler <jbuehler at hekimian dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Nicholas Wourms <nwourms at netscape dot net>
- Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 09:14:05 -0400
- Subject: Re: astksh review
- Organization: Spirent Communications, Inc.
- References: <Pine.GSO.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: jbuehler at hekimian dot com
Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
This also relates to an issue that I wanted to raise earlier: when doing a
search for files at <http://cygwin.com/packages/>, those files that are
created by postinstall scripts (e.g., symlinks) will not show up in the
So, it might be a good idea to keep a manifest of files that would be
potentially created by postinstall scripts, and to remove those files when
the package is removed. It's possible that setup will have a separate
mechanism for tracking this. Frankly, I don't have a concrete suggestion
on how to implement this, but thought I'd at least get this into the
archives and make people aware of the issues.
A change to Cygwin to log file creations (and whatever else) when requested