This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: astksh review
- From: "Karsten Fleischer" <K dot Fleischer at omnium dot de>
- To: "'Max Bowsher'" <maxb at ukf dot net>,"'Dario Alcocer'" <alcocer at helixdigital dot com>,<cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 02:39:36 +0200
- Subject: RE: astksh review
- Organization: Omnium Software Engineering
> Isn't astksh a rather *large* package?
You mean the binary?
I can remove those nifty 35 UNIX utility builtins, if you want.
It gets pretty small then.
> A lighter-weight alternative can be a good thing.
It's your choice.
Remove the SHOPT_CMDLIB_DIR=1 from the Makefile in the source package,
rebuild it and you get a pure ksh93.
There are some issues that have to be cleared up before I can release a
dynamically linked ksh93 or even the full ast-open package (e.g.: will
Cygwin adhere to FHS sometime in the future?).
For now, I will only offer a statically linked ksh93 with as much
features you may want to have without interfering the standard Cygwin
I have to obey both AT&T and Cygwin rules.
I must not change ksh93 makefiles and have to stick to Cygwin packaging
I also do not want to package up things manually, there are mechanisms
that help building the Cygwin packages automatically.
I will rather spend time to refine those mechanisms for future payoff
than to twiddle the packages manually.
Give me some more days.