RE: docbook-xml42, docbook-xsl, xmlto (RE: Pending package status (09 May 2003))

Hello Peter,

thanks a lot for your interesting feedback. I am looking forward to become a
wiser and better person with this thread :)

Don't know if I caught everything. I am relatively new to xml & co and very
interested in cygwin. I wrote a few docbook documents but unfortunately
there are no tools in the main cygwin repository to process them. And I
definitely think it should be supported soon.

<very_enthusiastic>
So lets form a docbook on cygwin SIG and start the discussion with a 'more
open and generally useful packaging and direcory standard'...
</very_enthusiastic>

You propose a different directory structure for stylesheets and schema types
as a summary of your posting. Furthermore you recommend a central master
catalog (version independent) hosted in /etc/xml (or /etc/sgml) that
delegates to the resource-specific catalogs that are updated with each
version of a package. A package shall contain only one resource. Is this
right?

Regards,
Andreas