This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ITP: ProFTPD
- From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 10:22:06 +0200
- Subject: Re: ITP: ProFTPD
- References: <20030513204216.GA1256@tishler.net>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 04:42:17PM -0400, Jason Tishler wrote:
> I would like to contribute ProFTPD (http://www.proftpd.org/) to the
> standard Cygwin distribution. I still need to touch up the README and
> do a little more testing, but the package is ready for voting and
> See attached for the setup.hint file and the following for the tarballs:
> sdesc: "A flexible, stable and highly-configurable FTP Server"
> ldesc: "ProFTPD is an enhanced FTP server with a focus toward simplicity, security,
> and ease of configuration. It features a very Apache-like configuration
> syntax, and a highly customizable server infrastructure, including support for
> multiple 'virtual' FTP servers, anonymous FTP, and permission-based directory
> category: Net
> requires: cygwin libncurses6
Vote from me, too.
However, you should repack it. I tried running proftpd from inetd and
it failed to work. Then I started it from the command line and it turned
out that proftpd was unable to open its scoreboard... the /var/proftpd
directory was missing. I'd suggest three changes:
- Add an empty /var/proftpd directory or let the postinstall script
- Remove the empty /usr/man/cat* directories.
- Build against the latest libncurses7.
Other than that, it looks ok.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.