This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Failed to build popt 1.7 DLL with libtool 1.5
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "Dario Alcocer" <alcocer at helixdigital dot com>,<cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 18:45:39 +0100
- Subject: Re: Failed to build popt 1.7 DLL with libtool 1.5
- References: <20030511101639.A3805@ns.helixdigital.com>
Dario Alcocer wrote:
> OK, I *know* I'm doing something wrong, I just can't figure out what it
> is. I unpacked popt-1.7.tar.gz and ran the following to try to build
> the popt DLL:
> $ tar xzf popt-1.7.tar.gz; cd popt-1.7
> $ libtoolize --copy --force
> You should update your `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.
> $ aclocal
> $ autoconf
> $ patch -b -p1 < ../popt-1.7-1.patch
> patching file Makefile.in
> patching file findme.c
> patching file popt.c
> patching file poptconfig.c
> $ ./configure
> $ make
> After doing this, however, I don't end up with a cygpopt*.dll file
> anywhere in the popt-1.7. What step(s) am I missing?
Well, for a start, since popt AC_PREREQs a 2.1x autoconf version, the
autotool wrapper scripts will have selected the old libtool-1.4.3, which
doesn't do DLLs nicely.