This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Another Update, re: uw-imap, uw-imap-imapd, and uw-imap-util packages
- From: "Abraham Backus" <abraham at backus dot com>
- To: <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 12:48:02 -0700
- Subject: Another Update, re: uw-imap, uw-imap-imapd, and uw-imap-util packages
- References: <002f01c30b9c$3591b0d0$0200a8c0@abackusdell2> <Pine.OSF.firstname.lastname@example.org> <000c01c30e73$dd0201b0$0200a8c0@abackusdell2> <005c01c30e77$6df49b30$4bf886d9@ellixia> <002001c30e79$bb80adb0$0200a8c0@abackusdell2> <Pine.OSF.email@example.com> <004601c30eaa$3eea7d90$0200a8c0@abackusdell2> <20030430073704.GQ19711@cygbert.vinschen.de> <001b01c31006$db9996f0$0200a8c0@abackusdell2> <010f01c310b0$acf5e330$43eb86d9@ellixia>
I've updated the packages again... Kåre Smith installed the server packages
and encountered some errors running the imapd daemon and after a couple of
email exchanges, we were able to work through the problems.
The unix-based configuration of the package uses what the UW imap maintainer
calls the "slave hack", where some magic with fork(), pipe(), and dup2() is
performed (which I'm only starting to understand). It turns out that the
unix bug that's being worked around doesn't exist on cygwin. So basically,
I turned off the "slave hack" completely in this package.
Same setup.hint as before, same file locations.
Thanks again Kåre!
----- Original Message -----
> > Ok,
> > I've made a new version of the packages available. This one is built
> > SSLTYPE=unix, which enables ssl support and allows plaintext passwords
> > both ssl and non-ssl connections. I've also changed the server package
> > names, following Elfyn's suggestion.
> > http://abackus.imagineis.com/release/uw-imap/uw-imap-2002c1-1.tar.bz2
> > http://abackus.imagineis.com/release/uw-imap/setup.hint
> > http://abackus.imagineis.com/release/uw-imap/uw-imap-util/setup.hint
> > http://abackus.imagineis.com/release/uw-imap/uw-imap-imapd/setup.hint
> > Please let me know what you think.
> > thanks!
> > -Abe
> Perfecto! I think this is ready for uploading now.