This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Proposed package DjVuLibre (Revised)
- From: "Bill C. Riemers" <cygwin at docbill dot net>
- To: <sourceforge at docbill dot emailuser dot net>,"Joshua Daniel Franklin" <joshuadfranklin at yahoo dot com>,<cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>,<jrile at axs2000 dot net>,<pistikos at anadelta dot com>,"Leon Bottou" <leon at bottou dot org>,"Andrei Erofeev" <aerofeev at usa dot net>
- Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:52:06 -0400
- Subject: Re: Proposed package DjVuLibre (Revised)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <005601c2f677$497b8c90$6600a8c0@FoxtrotTech0001> <20030411012121.GA1240@world-gov> <009d01c30098$71718580$dd108141@FoxtrotTech0001>
Based on feedback from some of the testers, the latest build includes the
GUI viewer. If you have qt3 and X11R6, the viewer will work. Otherwise,
you can still use the command line tools.
Note: Release 3.5.11-1 was withdrawn due to bugs found in testing.
See the release notes and http://djvu.sourceforge.net for more information.
----- Original Message -----
To: "Joshua Daniel Franklin" <email@example.com>;
<firstname.lastname@example.org>; <email@example.com>; <firstname.lastname@example.org>;
"Leon Bottou" <email@example.com>; "Andrei Erofeev" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 10:08 PM
Subject: Re: Proposed package DjVuLibre
> Update: New versions of the DjVuLibre package are now available at:
> The changes are minor updates to the README and a patch to the install-sh
> script to keep the *.exe extensions when installing and packaging the
> This package is command line programs only. There is no GUI viewer
> with this package, since a native windows viewer is available from
> www.lizardtech.com for free.
> If you test this package, please let me know detailed comments, and what
> version of windows you tested under. If you subscribe to
> email@example.com and are happy with the results of your test, then
> please post a vote of "yes" for DjVuLibre.
> On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 11:45:06PM -0500,
> > I propose adding a package, DjVuLibre, do CYGWIN.
> > I have been building DjVuLibre since creation under Cygwin, and finally
> > decided to offer to maintain an official Cygwin package for
> > The proposed setup.hints file is:
> > category: Graphics
> > requires: cygwin jpeg
> > sdesc: "Compress and decompress graphic images and scanned documents"
> > ldesc: "Compress and decompress graphic images and scanned documents
> > to DjVu. DjVu is a highly compressed storage format which can be
> > served directly from your web pages. See http://djvu.sourceforge.net
> > for more information."
> > ....
> > After reading the instructions for packaging, I have prepared the
> > files:
> > Please test them and let me know if this will be added to the CYGWIN
> > distribution.