Re: Can we (temporarily) remove the mod_php4 package?

jason at tishler dot net wrote:
Due to Stipe including a very old version of rebase in the mod_php4
package, Windows Me users are corrupting DLLs.  Additionally, this
problem is becoming a burden on the Cygwin mailing list.  For example:

I have asked Stipe many times to fix the mod_php4.  Unfortunately, he
has not done so.

Can we temporarily remove the mod_php4 package until he releases a new
one?

I feel bad suggesting this drastic course of action, but I'm getting
very tired of this problem.

Well, rather then rush Stipe into releasing something he hasn't finished, why doesn't someone just fix the package by removing the rebase.exe and deleting the relevant lines in the postinstall? Not quite as drastic as removing the package but, of course, someone has to do it first... :-D

Cheers,
Nicholas