This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: release candidate setup snapsnot.
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:44:21 -0500
- Subject: Re: release candidate setup snapsnot.
- References: <1048038755.5305.72.camel@localhost>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 12:52:35PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>there is a release candidate (2.340.2.1) up on
>To release we need to:
>* update the requires line for the cygwin package (otherwise new
>installs will not setup info dirs correctly when /etc/passwd matters).
>* Get some feedback from the users.
>* Check we haven't missed anything.
>* Summarise the changelog (ooh boy).
>The next few days are very hectic with RL stuff for me, so any
>assistance will be welcomed.
>If there are no regressions reported by readers of this list in ~ 48
>hours, I'll make an open request for testers on the cygwin@ list. This
>is a major upgrade of much of setup.exe, so getting feedback will
>*matter*. Perhaps we could get a release-candidate icon on the homepage?
>Chris, would you like me to update the requires line as per
I've added base-passwd to cygwin's setup.hint.