This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: New release of setup.exe (188.8.131.52)
- From: "Pierre A. Humblet" <Pierre dot Humblet at ieee dot org>
- To: Robert Collins <rbcollins at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 08:58:19 -0500
- Subject: Re: New release of setup.exe (184.108.40.206)
- References: <1047554185.10389.14.camel@localhost>
Robert Collins wrote:
> I'm happy to announce a new release of setup.exe. This version will
> correctly set permissions for use with the ntsec setting of cygwin,
> which is the default now.
Rob, that's too optimistic. It will *improve* the display of
permissions in the majority of cases. More fine tuning may
be needed but my calls for exhaustive testing have met the same
fate as the calls to test the snapshots.
Two things worry me: domain users and the Windows popup asking
if setup should run as Administrator.