This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: /etc/setup/setup.cfg ?
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <g dot r dot vansickle at worldnet dot att dot net>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 21:05:54 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: RE: /etc/setup/setup.cfg ?
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> > On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 07:58, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > > On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 07:49:27AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> > > >Also, I'd prefer /etc/setup.rc rather that /etc/setup/setup.cfg.
> > >
> > > Wouldn't /etc/setuprc be somewhat more consistent with existing unix
> > > practices?
> > Sure. I'm happy with that too. Mind you, having an extension allows
> > association of a handler in the windows GUI.
> *.rc is a Windows resource file though.
... which was the primary reason for my suggesting .cfg in the first
place. I'm ok with both setuprc and setup.rc, through (leaning towards
setuprc, if we go with Unix style).
|\ _,,,---,,_ pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ igor at watson dot ibm dot com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!