This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[setup TODO] Proposed reshuffle of items
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 02:58:39 -0000
- Subject: [setup TODO] Proposed reshuffle of items
Here is the contents of the setup TODO, and some comments on how I think the
items should be dealt with.
* Mirrors list orer is snafued.
It's the same order as in the release (18.104.22.168) setup. Therefore I propose
deleting this item, and add "Improve mirror selection" to WISHLIST.
* Chooser scrollbar sometimes lost with odd font sizes. Seperate message
sking for reproduction method.
Bug in Windows. Create a Known Bugs section, and explain?
* Don't downgrade if the curr version is <= installed?
I vote yes.
* When installing and enough packages default to visible, the RH scrollbar
* BSOD switching to install mode after downloading lots of software. Was
ever able to come up with a reproduction method for this?
I can't reproduce either of these. Delete outright, or create an
* support rpm/deb files for reading the package from. (To allow the
the use of rpm/deb tools to create packages.)
* make a librar(y|ies) for setup and cygcheck to use containing
1) Something to translate POSIX -> native. Currently called "cygpath"
in setup, although this is probably a bad choice of name.
2) Something to return the list of installed packages.
3) Something to return the cygwin mount table. Currently, I have
a lightweight setmntent and getmntent using the code in
4) Something to parse a tar file name into package/version or
return that information from 2)
5) Something to return a list of files associated with a package.
* Make setup.exe available through Add/Remove
* Mark versions as prev/curr/test in the GUI when clicking through them.
* Remove *empty* directories on uninstalls
* Correctly overwrite -r--r--r-- files.
* Going back, changing the local cache dir, and going forward again does
rrectly reparse inis in the new dir.
Reproduction: Choose an incorrect cache dir, go back, correct it.
er shows all packages in Misc.
* "compress_bz::error called" appears in the log every time a package is
led, even if everything works. Reproducability: 100%.
* Cancelling during MD5 check just stops the GUI updating until the check
etes, and then continues with setup as if Cancel had not been clicked.
* Toggling from All Default to All Install takes *way* too long.
* Sometimes packages set to 'Keep' appear in the 'Partial' view. I(Max)
en this myself from time to time, but can't duplicate it on demand. Can
* Setup not properly realizing that versions are unavailable, leading to
t open (null) for reading".