This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: someone to take over cURL maintenance?
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "Roth, Kevin P." <KPRoth at MarathonOil dot com>,"Cygwin-Apps Mail-List \(E-mail\)" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 15:08:49 -0000
- Subject: Re: someone to take over cURL maintenance?
- References: <6EB31774D39507408D04392F40A10B2B0168F59E@FDYEXC202.mgroupnet.com>
Roth, Kevin P. wrote:
> Would anyone care to take over maintainer-ship of the cygwin
> build of cURL? There is of course a Win32 native build of
> curl that works just fine for those (like me) who only use
> the command-line curl.exe, but the benefits of having a
> version built within cygwin are:
> 1. the win32 version doesn't support posix-style paths in its
> 2. cygcurl-2.dll would be available for other apps to link to
> (though I have no idea how many, if any, are using this).
> I've found I don't use any of the cygwin-specific bits, and
> don't really have the knowledge to keep up with it. Recently,
> the upstream maintainer upgraded his autotools, and since then
> it is no longer building quite right. I get an error about
> WinMain@16 while building the DLL, during the link stage. In
> version 7.10.2, I could get around it by re-building configure
> and the Makefiles. But with the new 7.10.3 release (last week),
> I can't seem to get it working again.
Hmm. I'm not volunteering to maintain curl, but I did look into the
autotools problem. I couldn't reproduce any WinMain errors. My results were:
tar jxvf curl-7.10.3.tar.bz2 && cd curl-7.10.3 && ./reconf && ./configure &&
* libtool chose to build libcurl static only
tar jxvf curl-7.10.3.tar.bz2 && cd curl-7.10.3 && libtoolize -f -c &&
./reconf && ./configure && make
* everything worked