Re: Setup.exe: misbehaviour with non-standard DPI (aka no scroll bar)

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 01:17:11PM -0000, Max Bowsher wrote:

> >> How odd. On my PC, the package chooser and the view name (where is
> >> says Category/Full/Partial) are clipped off at the right hand side
> >> of the window.
> >> I'm running Windows XP, with slipstreamed SP1, and all
> >> WindowsUpdates. Maybe they fixed something in the Tablet PC edition.
> >
> > Strange. Is here someone else who is able to reproduce this buggy
> > behaviour?
>
> There has been a trickle of bug reports for as long as I remember, but I
> don't know if any of those people are on this list.

Hm.

> Comparison point: Mozilla 1.2.1's configuration dialogs exhibit this too.

No problem with "Preferences" dialog box in Mozilla 1.2.1 here.

Here is System information string from "System Properties" dialog box:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 1

Here is a complete list of my installed WinXP hotfixes:
Q329048
Q329115
Q329390
Q329834
Q322011
Q327979
Q328310
Q810565

Updates for IE6:
SP1; Q324929

I'm confused: I remember that immediately after XP installation
I had problems with dialog boxes in Exodus (a Jabber client) - with
120 DPI. Now I'm using 103 DPI and Exodus looks ok.

My friend tested setup.exe with XP at 144 DPI and he is able
to reproduce tis bug (WinXP w/o SP1 and w/o any updates).

| Marcel Telka   e-mail:   marcel@telka.sk  |
|                homepage: http://telka.sk/ |
|                jabber:   marcel@jabber.sk |