Re: Setup.exe: misbehaviour with non-standard DPI (aka no scroll bar)

Marcel Telka wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 12:18:36AM -0000, Max Bowsher wrote:
>> I've been having a look at this, and am rather puzzled. I'm
>> beginning to suspect that this might be a bug in MS's dialog
>> routines... after all, all sizes in setup are specified in dialog
>> units, yet somehow they come out mangled at high DPI.
>
> I'm using setup 2.249.2.5 with non-standard DPI (120) on my WinXP+SP1
> box and I unable to see any problems with scroll bars...

I should have explained better. Both the "Normal (96DPI)" and "Large
(120DPI)" settings work OK. However, try "Custom" with, sat, 144DPI, and
setup is all stretched out of proportion and unusable.

I've now done a bit more research, and I'm convinced that this is a bug in
Microsofts Dialog and/or PropertySheet implementation. Which leaves us a bit
stuck - since there is no easy fix that I can think of.

Max.