This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe window captions
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at syncretize dot net>
- To: <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>,"Harry Johnston" <harry at scms dot waikato dot ac dot nz>
- Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 13:01:04 +1000
- Subject: Re: setup.exe window captions
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Harry Johnston" <email@example.com>
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 12:04 PM
Subject: setup.exe window captions
> It is conventional for setup wizards to have a different caption on
> page of the property sheet, but the cygwin setup program uses the same
> caption (Cygwin Setup) on each page.
> This is very easy to change (I've already built a corrected version)
> wondering if this was a deliberate design decision for some reason.
> *isn't* deliberate, how would I best go about submitting the
> changes? (Only res.rc is affected.)
Send a patch to cygwin-apps. (Use diff -up please).
> The reason I wanted to change this is that I use a scripting engine to
> install software on many machines at once, and the engine relies on
> at window captions to tell what keystrokes to send. A cleaner
> would be an unattended installation mode - is anybody working on this
> the moment, or should I have a go?
Unattended mode could certainly use some help. Just dive in and add
command line parameters where needed.