This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Setup.exe and configuration items
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at syncretize dot net>
- To: "'Cygwin-Apps'" <cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 23:01:37 +1000
- Subject: Setup.exe and configuration items
I think it would be nice to add configuration dialogs for packages to
i.e. when installing ssh, ask the user whether to configure sshd or not.
The requirements are:
* It must be capable of being driven textually - for future command line
* It must be capable of being automated - for unattended installs.
* It must be either able to run in the current post-install interface,
or trivial to add to setup.exe's codebase (and I do mean trivial).
In the interest of reusing existing tools, does anyone have suggestions?
Does rpm have such an interface? I don't use rpm much, thus the
We could use debconf (it's independent from dpkg).
I'm completely open to ideas here, as I don't have time to maintain
anything new :[.
If we can find something that is a drop-in, optional tool, that would be