This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [setup-2.259.2.4]: On first install, setup crashes when usercycles chooser
- From: Nicholas Wourms <nwourms at netscape dot net>
- To: Robert Collins <robert dot collins at syncretize dot net>
- Cc: 'Cygwin-Apps' <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 19:03:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: [setup-2.259.2.4]: On first install, setup crashes when usercycles chooser
- References: <000301c22ac0$45cff820$0200a8c0@lifelesswks>
I will do this later tonight, since it will require a full uninstall
before I can rerun setup.exe. Can you provide a debug version of that
version of setup since I can't get &%$@#! gcc-3.1.1/gcc-2 to build
setup.exe and I don't have time to reinstall the old gcc/mingw stuff.
Thanks in advance!
P.S. - I'd prefer to download it, as my mbox size is very small.
Robert Collins wrote:
If you run setup under DebugView, or a similar tool, is any output
Can you get me a stackdump?
[mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Nicholas Wourms
Sent: Sunday, 14 July 2002 8:46 AM
Subject: [setup-2.259.2.4]: On first install, setup crashes
when user cycles chooser
When running setup-2.259.2.4 for the first time on Windows
setup will page fault when the user cycles the install type
from "Default" to "Install". It produces no log file, so I
provide any more information than this report. I have
verified this on
all the OS's listed above. This behaviour doesn't occur with the
current setup.exe. To alleviate confusion, I have circled
the part I'm
referring to in the attached png.