This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: for the brave
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <g dot r dot vansickle at worldnet dot att dot net>,<cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:14:13 +1100
- Subject: Re: for the brave
- References: <NCBBIHCHBLCMLBLOBONKOEMJCJAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <email@example.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 3:13 PM
Subject: RE: for the brave
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: firstname.lastname@example.org
> > [mailto:email@example.com]On Behalf Of Charles Wilson
> > the concat call prepended "file://" with two more '/' chars
> > 2+2 = 4
> > So why does the resulting filespec have only 3 '/' chars? Somewhere
> > along the line, I don't know where, the local_dir I entered is
> > one of its leading '/' stripped...
> I think concat() itself is doing that, in an attempt to canonicalize
> while it creates them.
Well I can't duplicate it :}. I have a somewhat different source base
though, so I'll try and commit that in the next coupla hours.