This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANN] rcs-5.7 package available
- From: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:33:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ANN] rcs-5.7 package available
- References: <3C4D48F6.451D720C@wapme-systems.de>
On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 12:11:50PM +0100, Stipe Tolj wrote:
> Ok, this one is quite missing in my eyes and it was almost OOTB.
> Check it out at the (now new) usual location:
> sdesc: "The Revision Control System (RCS)"
> ldesc: "The Revision Control System (RCS) manages multiple
> revisions of files. RCS automates the storing, retrieval,
> logging, identification, and merging of revisions. RCS is
> useful for text that is revised frequently, e.g., programs,
> documentation, graphics, papers, and form letters."
> category: Devel
> requires: cygwin
It looks ok except for two points:
> curr: 5.7
- Get rid of this in the setup.hint file.
- Repack the source archive so that it unpacks into rcs-5.7-1
instead of rcs-5.7. Always add the Cygwin subversion to the
As soon as you did that I'll upload that package to cygwin.com.
For those concerned about textmode/binmode: RCS is testing for
O_BINARY in the sources and uses that if necessary.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.