This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup crashing (attn Corinna)
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <g dot r dot vansickle at worldnet dot att dot net>,<cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 22:31:13 +1100
- Subject: Re: setup crashing (attn Corinna)
- References: <NCBBIHCHBLCMLBLOBONKEEHOCJAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <email@example.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 10:22 PM
Subject: RE: setup crashing (attn Corinna)
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > Sunday, 20 January, 2002 Robert Collins
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > RC> Something seriously funny was going on in the C++/C runtime
> > interaction.
> > > RC> Rather than try and explain it, I've linked in a recent
> > Doug
> > > RC> Lea's malloc, which also had a couple of quirks, that I've
> > (apparently)
> > > RC> fixed.
> > >
> What'd I miss? What's wrong with the MS-provided malloc in
msvcrt*.dll? Or is
> this just for debug? It appears to add quite a bit (~10%) to the
I had 0 luck tracking down the time of the heap corruption. dlmalloc
gives me more insight into the heap behaviour.
> BTW: Setup built from CVS as of two minutes ago crashes for me as well
> As of earlier today it crashes on Why2K too.
Yah. Find the cause, and I'll buy you a chocolate bar :}.