This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
gcc v3 issue -- hacky solution
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 22:28:39 -0500
- Subject: gcc v3 issue -- hacky solution
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
If we can generate new operators for all of the builtin types that are
currently being used in setup.exe, then, if we compile everything with
-fno-exceptions (which I've just added to Makefile.in) we won't have to
worry about having a mingw version of libstdc++.a around.
It's a hack, I know, but the alternative of somehow building a mingw
version of the stdc library is not too attractive.
So, if anyone was looking for something, oh I don't know, repetitive to
do, that would be a good project, assuming that Robert agrees.
(Unfortunately, my internal Robert simulator gives this about a 30% chance of an