This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: for the brave
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- To: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <g dot r dot vansickle at worldnet dot att dot net>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 00:27:22 -0500
- Subject: Re: for the brave
- References: <NCBBIHCHBLCMLBLOBONKEEFCCJAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
>>[mailto:email@example.com]On Behalf Of Robert Collins
>>I need a few testers:
>>I've fixed the fault Corinna reported with in use files and upgrades.
>>I'd like to know that it works on 9x (not tested properly just now), and
>>if anyone can get it to fault - with reasonable behaviour.
> FWIW: Worked here (WinXP though) on an in-use cygwin1.dll (a hung bash process
Hmmm....W2K it reports "REplaced in use file -- you need to reboot" or
some such. BUT: I had no cygwin processes running.
a) what file did it THINK was in use?
b) why did it erroneously thing so?
On the plus side, it accurately upgraded my system from readline-4.2 to
readline-4.2a/libreadline5-4.2a/libreadline4-4.1 all-at-once. (The
older version would've screwed that up unless I did the two-step shuffle)