This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gcc -mno-cygwin STL support for setup.exe?
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: "Jason Tishler" <jason at tishler dot net>,"Cygwin-Apps" <cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 10:01:14 +1100
- Subject: Re: gcc -mno-cygwin STL support for setup.exe?
- References: <20020118180305.GA2312@dothill.com>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Tishler" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: "Cygwin-Apps" <email@example.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2002 5:03 AM
Subject: gcc -mno-cygwin STL support for setup.exe?
> Unfortunately, I'm getting bogged down trying to add the rebase
> functionality to setup.exe due to the lack of STL. I am hoping that
> I will not have to re-implement linked lists and possibly associated
> arrays too. I see that Rob has a list class, but I don't think that
> will meet all of my needs.
Uhmm, I've not particular objection to STL use. However keeping
setup.exe lean and mean is an objective. We've already added 20% in size
with the reorganisation to date. So I'll ask you to keep an eye on the
stripped .exe size.
> About a year ago, there was some discussion about adding libstdc++.a
> Cygwin's gcc -mno-cygwin mode. Can we revisit this issue?
I thought it was inked in if you link with g++.