This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Preliminary patch for symlink problem in setup.exe
- From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- To: cygapp <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 19:38:34 +0100
- Subject: Re: Preliminary patch for symlink problem in setup.exe
- References: <20020114221650.D2015@cygbert.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 10:16:50PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> I've found a problem in setup.exe which potentially results in
> two symlinks with the same name.
I've checked in a slightly different patch which checks for the
filename itself as well as for the same filename with trailing
.lnk. This removes all sorts of symlinks, hopefully.
Another patch to io_stream::gets() always eliminates end-of-line,
LF as well as CRLF. This was necessary since the filenames had
trailing LF's so the packagemeta::uninstall() function didn't
And a question: Wouldn't it make sense to uninstall first on
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.