This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: "Stephan Erickson" <erickson at mufassa dot com>,<cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 11:39:35 +1100
- Subject: Re: feedback
- References: <3C3F81AB.64EAC63E@mufassa.com>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephan Erickson" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I have a new package to propose and would like to get some feedback on
> it. Please let me know if this is of interest. It is pretty much
> finished barring some directory reorganization. The installation uses
> its own name space and does not overwrite any preinstalled software
> Apache, etc...
1) Does this use cygwin?
2) I think it would be best to have a set of packages that provide db,
apcahe, qmail etc (which you could provide) and a final package
'mufassa' that requires all the others, and provides the specific code
That provides several benefits.
a) Less disk space overhead (don't need two copies of db for instance).
b) Lower download overhead when one component needs to be updated.
c) Muuch easier source package management (IMO).
Other than that, this looks like a neat capability to have as an