Re: [ANN] apache_1.3.22 package available for setup inclusion

"Gerrit P. Haase" wrote:

> Question 1:
> ===========
> The Apache isn't linked against libgdbm?
> Wouldn't it be a nice addition?
>
> I ask because of this message during configuring:
>
>  + adding selected modules
>     o rewrite_module uses ConfigStart/End
>       disabling DBM support for mod_rewrite
>       (perhaps you need to add -ldbm, -lndbm or -lgdbm to EXTRA_LIBS)
>     o dbm_auth_module uses ConfigStart/End

snap from src/Configure:

    *-cygwin*)
	OS='Cygwin'
	OSDIR="os/cygwin"
	CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -DCYGWIN"
	DEF_WANTHSREGEX=yes
	DBM_LIB="-lgdbm"
	LIBS="$LIBS -lcrypt $DBM_LIB"
	;;

so it should be linked in, IMO, but staticaly.
Should be link against the import lib -lgsbm.dll to have cyggdbm.dll
used?

> Question 2:
> ===========
> My configure says:
>
>  + using system Expat
>
> wouldn't it be nice to have a cygwin-port of expat with shared libs too?

expat is not maintained by the Apache group itself, so it's an other
front here I guess.

> Question 3:
> ===========
> Is it useful to link in libcrypt?
> What about https support for the proxy, is it possible, is it already included?

https means SSL-enabled HTTP, which requires mod_ssl (or equivalent
other module) to be included. CAMP uses mod_ssl, but it's not part of
the core source distribution, but works OOTB for Cygwin :)

> Need I to add libssl & libcrypto somewhere?

only for mod_ssl.

Stipe

tolj@wapme-systems.de
Wapme Systems AG