Re: [ANN] apache_1.3.22 package available for setup inclusion

"Gerrit P. Haase" wrote:

> Some minor issues:
>
> 1.
> I think libhttpd.dll should be in /usr/bin like all the shared libs.
> To load the shared plugins it isn't needed to include /usr/libexec in
> the PATH?

So we would need to include all libfoo.dll and mod_bar.dll's to
/usr/bin, right?! Any objections from the others? If not, I will
re-build the package to apache_1.3.22-2.

> 1.2.
> #   Cygwin 1.3.x layout
> <Layout Cygwin>
>     prefix:        /usr
>     exec_prefix:   $prefix
>     bindir:        $prefix/bin
>     sbindir:       $prefix/sbin
>     libexecdir:    $prefix/libexec
>     mandir:        $prefix/man
>     sysconfdir:    /etc/httpd/conf
>
> I request to change the path to the conf files to /etc/apache or
> /etc/httpd, why another subdirectory?

I took RedHat's layout which is the same. SuSE by the other hand uses
/etc/httpd only.

The only thing I can imagine why to add conf/ here is to allow
additional sub-directories that are needed for certain Apache
extension modules, i.e. JServ and Tomcat are heavy using config files
(properties, etc.), these may be going to /etc/httpd/jserv or tomcat,
etc.

Heads up please who whishes a change of sysconfdir to /etc/httpd, even
while I dis-agree a bit on this.

> 2.
> A typo in the README:
> tar xjvf apache_1.3.22-1-src.tar.bz2
> cd apache_1.3.22
> configure --with-layour=Cygwin \
>                     ^^^^^
>   --with-port=80 \
>   --enable-module=most \
>   --enable-shared=max

ups, this needs fixing of course. -- scheduled.

> 3.
> The Cygwin README with build instructions should also
> be included in the source package (IMO).
>
> Fix 1., 2., 3. and i'll start a build now to see if the
> patched source builds `user-friendly' without tweaking:-)

I'll fix 1. and 3. and re-post ASAF.

Stipe

tolj@wapme-systems.de
Wapme Systems AG