Re: [ANN] apache_1.3.22 package available for setup inclusion

 Stipe,

2002-01-09 12:17:13, du schriebst:

> http://apache.dev.wapme.net/support/apache-cygwin/

> The setup.hint:

> sdesc: "The Apache HTTP (Web) Server"
> ldesc: "The Apache Project is a collaborative software development
> effort aimed at creating a robust, commercial-grade, featureful,
> and freely-available source code implementation of an HTTP (Web)
> server. The project is jointly managed by a group of volunteers
> located around the world, using the Internet and the Web to
> communicate, plan, and develop the server and its related
> documentation. These volunteers are known as the Apache Group.
> In addition, hundreds of users have contributed ideas, code, and
> documentation to the project. This file is intended to briefly
> describe the history of the Apache Group and recognize the many
> contributors."
> category: Net Web
> requires: cygwin
> curr: 1.3.22

> The modules are pre-compiled as shared DLLs and the build process has
> been documented in /usr/doc/Cygwin/apache_1.3.22-1.README.

> Users may have to include /usr/libexec to their PATH, due to the fact
> that libhttpd.dll resides there. Should we move at least that core
> library to /usr/bin to have it in PATH like the other cygfoo.dlls?

I vote pro including this package to the net release (mainly because
there is another proxyserver which works better for me like squid;)

The binary version seems to work ok, as usual (proxy not tested yet).

Some minor issues:

1.
I think libhttpd.dll should be in /usr/bin like all the shared libs.
To load the shared plugins it isn't needed to include /usr/libexec in
the PATH?

1.2.
#   Cygwin 1.3.x layout
<Layout Cygwin>
    prefix:        /usr
    exec_prefix:   $prefix
    bindir:        $prefix/bin
    sbindir:       $prefix/sbin
    libexecdir:    $prefix/libexec
    mandir:        $prefix/man
    sysconfdir:    /etc/httpd/conf

I request to change the path to the conf files to /etc/apache or
/etc/httpd, why another subdirectory?

    datadir:       /var/www
    iconsdir:      $datadir/icons
    htdocsdir:     $datadir/htdocs
    manualdir:     $htdocsdir/manual
    cgidir:        $datadir/cgi-bin
    includedir:    $prefix/include/apache
    localstatedir: /var
    runtimedir:    $localstatedir/run
    logfiledir:    $localstatedir/log/httpd
    proxycachedir: $localstatedir/cache/httpd
</Layout>

2.
A typo in the README:
tar xjvf apache_1.3.22-1-src.tar.bz2
cd apache_1.3.22
configure --with-layour=Cygwin \
                    ^^^^^
  --with-port=80 \
  --enable-module=most \
  --enable-shared=max

3.
The Cygwin README with build instructions should also
be included in the source package (IMO).

Fix 1., 2., 3. and i'll start a build now to see if the
patched source builds `user-friendly' without tweaking:-)

Gerrit
--
=^..^=