This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: whois package
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: "Mark Bradshaw" <bradshaw at staff dot crosswalk dot com>,<cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 22:34:46 +1100
- Subject: Re: whois package
- References: <911C684A29ACD311921800508B7293BA037D299A@cnmail>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Bradshaw" <email@example.com>
> Just wanted to drop in a reminder about the whois package. Could I
> official/unofficial nanny to check it over, or at least a note telling
> shut up til people have more time?
Looks OK Mark. Does it build OOTB? I ask because the source archive has
no CYGWIN_PATCHES directory in it.
If it doesn't build OOTB then the place to put your patch is in
CYGWIN_PATCHES/ in the src archive, along with a README about what's
needed to recreate the binary package (for folk building custom
versions - i.e. with different configure switches.
Once that's answered/corrected, then I'll uplaod for you.
As a side note... you might be interested in utilising one of Chuck's
scripts for the packaging process - grab the source tarball for nearly
any of his packages, or the src tarball for libxsl (which has a script I
customised from Chucks), and a lot of the mechanics can be automated