[ANN] apache_1.3.22 package available for setup inclusion

Hi list,

I have put up my recent work on the Apache HTTP server for inclusion
to the official Cygwin setup.exe distribution to:

http://apache.dev.wapme.net/support/apache-cygwin/

The setup.hint:

sdesc: "The Apache HTTP (Web) Server"
ldesc: "The Apache Project is a collaborative software development
effort aimed at creating a robust, commercial-grade, featureful,
and freely-available source code implementation of an HTTP (Web)
server. The project is jointly managed by a group of volunteers
located around the world, using the Internet and the Web to
communicate, plan, and develop the server and its related
documentation. These volunteers are known as the Apache Group.
In addition, hundreds of users have contributed ideas, code, and
documentation to the project. This file is intended to briefly
describe the history of the Apache Group and recognize the many
contributors."
category: Net Web
requires: cygwin
curr: 1.3.22

The modules are pre-compiled as shared DLLs and the build process has
been documented in /usr/doc/Cygwin/apache_1.3.22-1.README.

Users may have to include /usr/libexec to their PATH, due to the fact
that libhttpd.dll resides there. Should we move at least that core
library to /usr/bin to have it in PATH like the other cygfoo.dlls?

If somebody, probably Gerrit and Volker :)) would not mind to vote as
testers. Have a look on it so that we get it announced ASAP. Any
reports would be highly appritiated and should be reported to the
list.

BTW, this Apache for Cygwin port is maintained by me at the ASF
(Apache Software Foundation) and is working very stable for several
months now.

The source tarballs includes the latest patch I send in for the
current 1.3 cvs branch and hence users may undo the patch using the
included diff file (as setup.html requires it to).

Stipe

tolj@wapme-systems.de
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248