This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Restructuring gettext
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: "David A. Cobb" <superbiskit at home dot com>,"Charles Wilson" <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Cc: <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 12:13:18 +1100
- Subject: Re: Restructuring gettext
- References: <3C18EBA9.firstname.lastname@example.org> <0b5501c184be$8639eb80$0200a8c0@lifelesswks> <3C1A35F6.email@example.com> <0f8901c185fc$a108b600$0200a8c0@lifelesswks> <3C1D5F00.firstname.lastname@example.org> <3C3384B2.email@example.com>
----- Original Message -----
From: "David A. Cobb" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I've had cases like this in another context and found the most
> straightforward solution is for (setup.exe) to do any uninstalls
> then any reinstalls, then everything else. This would also have saved
> few shot toes when libncurses#n came out (I thin`).
It causes other problems.
Consider this: Reinstalled package foo requires new package bar.
When reinstalling foo, if bar is used during a post install script..
bang! that will fail.