Re: IPC stuff

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> Ludovic LANGE schrieb am 2001-09-05, 1:32:

   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks for tracking him down.  (Now, if you could use those skills to
find Paul Sokolovsky...).  Looks as though Chris' memory was correct;
much of the cygipc code was derived from Linux (and therefore is
multiply-copyrighted and practically unassignable for Cygwin inclusion).

So, Ludovic seems to agree that the best approach is to start over with
independent code, and makes a few points about who should be allowed to
contribute.  I think he's a bit cavalier about some stuff, but I'll wait
for a verdict from the core developers before I begin work on
*IPC*-related things in the new (and still vapor) cygwin-daemon.

FWIW, Corinna started off a good discussion about cygwin-daemon design
issues on cygwin-developers...

--Chuck