Re: PostgreSQL and cygipc

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 04:05:18PM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
>Worse, the existence of the cygipc library as a standard component will
>dis-incentive folks to develop a working substitute that CAN be added to
>the cygwin dll.
>
>Do we *really* want to include cygipc in "contrib"?

Good point.  I seem to have a little bit of deja vu seeing these.  I
wonder if I have made the same points myself.

Now that you mention this, I've always resisted looking at the cygipc
code in case I wanted to do my own implementation someday.

I did download an os/2 version of an IPC library that was public domain
a while ago, though.  After poking at it for a while, I came to the conclusion
that I could do a better job.  Of course, that meant that I didn't
really do any job.  :-) I did implement the semaphore part of the IPC
stuff in a rudimentary fashion a few years ago, though.  I could donate
that code to anyone who was interested in working on this.